The Sparrow Racing League is proud to announce its first tournament for Playstation 4 Guardians! Here are the details:
What: 1st Sparrow Racing League Tournament
Who: Playstation 4 Guardians
When: February 8, 2015 @ 1200 Pacific Time
Where: Venus Tournament Track
Deadline to Sign-Up: February 7, 2015 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
Rewards: 1 Month of Playstation Plus Membership
Requirements: Level 25+ Guardian, Tumbler Sparrow
Details: This tournament will take place on the Venus Tournament Track and is single-elimination style. It is a continuous circuit race (meaning there are multiple laps). Each heat will consist of 4 Racers and 2 Official Referees. One Referee will start the race with a grenade throw. The explosion of the grenade will signal the race start. Each race consists of 2 laps. One Referee will stay at the Start/Finish line to judge the finishers. The other Referee will follow the pack to make sure everything runs smoothly. The first two finishers of the heat advance in the tournament bracket. The last two finishers will be disqualified from the tournament. The Championship Race will consist of the Final Four competitors.
Loading screens will not be taken into account, unless there is a significant effect on the outcome of the race (as deemed by the Referees).
How do I sign-up?
You must do two things before the deadline:
1) Send SRL_Referee and SRL_Referee-AUS friend requests on PSN.
2) Visit the Playstation 4 Tournament Sign-up Thread and post the following relevant information:
Playstation Network Username:
Guardian Class (Warlock, Titan, Hunter):
All of this needs to be completed by 11:59pm Pacific Time on February 7, 2015. Failure to do so will result in the inability to compete. All competitors must be online and ready to compete by 11:45am Pacific time on February 8, 2015. We will post the heats as soon as we compile a complete list of competitors.
Reminder: You can always follow SRL_Referee and SRL_Referee_AUS on twitter for live updates! You can find links to both of their twitters on the left sidebar.
-The Sparrow Racing League Team
I have a few things I'd like to share with you, so this will be quick.
1) We've created twitter accounts for both PS4 referees. @SRL_Referee and @SRL_Referee_AUS respectively. You can follow them or find their live tweets right here on this site. You should see it somewhere over here:
The referees will be using these twitter accounts to let you know when they are available to referee races, have low wait times for races, or to simply chat with the community. Only actual tweets by the two referees are shown on the sidebar, retweets and others will not be shown to reduce the sidebar "spam".
Because we have these twitter accounts, you can almost disregard the previous posts about designated times for races. We will be open to races whenever we get the chance and let you know via these tweets.
3) We have created a suggestion section in the forums where you can let us know what we're doing great, poorly, or what you'd like to see. Feel free to use that as you'd like. We'd love to hear back from everyone!
That's all I have for you now! Have fun and keep on racing!
-The Sparrow Racing League Team
I've got a few tidbits of news to share with you this week and a few things to recap on. I'll start with the new things: #1 and #2 have to do with PS4, #3 has to do with XboxOne, #4 has to do with everyone:
1) We've added a new official SRL referee to PS4 consoles. This referee is based out of Australia and will be able to referee at times that are "normal" to those of you in that part of the world.
His official SRL PSN is: SRL_Referee-AUS
SRL_Referee-AUS will be available to host races at the following times:
Monday & Wednesday - Starting at 5pm AEST.
Saturday - Starting at 12pm AEST.
Just like SRL_Referee he will send you a message through PSN if he has a low wait time, or you can send him a message through PSN letting him know that you're willing to race. He'll do his best to match you up as quickly as possible. NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN AN AUSTRALIAN TIME ZONE FOR SRL_Referee-AUS TO HOST YOUR RACE!
You can also follow him on twitter: https://twitter.com/SRL_Referee_AUS
2) I'd just like to reiterate that we now have two referees on PS4. SRL_Referee and SRL_Referee-AUS. You may add both to your friends list and you may use both to race. If you want to race, send them a message in-game, if they have no wait time then they will send you a message to let you know. We highly recommend that you add both to your friends list, or else we won't be able to contact you for races and vice versa.
4) We are working closely with other gaming companies to bring you season rewards for doing well in the Sparrow Racing League! We are planning on having end of season championships for each console, as well as an ALL CONSOLE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES! Yes, ALL CONSOLE! That means that we'll take the best sparrow racers on each console and have them compete against each other to see who will be crowned the World Champion!
That's all we have for you right now.
Keep on racing guardians and spread the word to your friends!
-The Sparrow Racing League Team
We have exciting news! We're ready for Xbox One consoles to compete in the Sparrow Racing League!
As you may know, Playstation 4 has already been underway, but only for about a week. So, don't feel like you missed out on anything. However, the way you submit your races and become ranked is going to be a little bit different than Playstation 4. We're doing this to see which method is the best to use! After a few months, we'll switch all consoles over to one method.
Currently, on Playstation 4, SRL_Referee will invite you to a fireteam, where you are matched up and race against a random opponent. SRL_Referee then reports the results to the site, where the leaderboards are updated. That's not how PS3, XboxOne, and 360 are going to work... for now.
Here is what's going to happen!
-The Rules and Regulations are the exact same across all consoles, which is found here!
-XboxOne isn't going to have an official judge. Instead you are going to be submitting a YouTube link to your race in the correct forum category for your console.
- The Sparrow Racing League team is going to watch the footage, evaluate whether it is legit or not, and then update the leaderboards accordingly.
This is what needs to happen for a race to be considered legitimate:
- Both racers must be registered on SparrowRacingLeague.com including their correct first and last name (that's how things are organized on the back end).
- Both racers need to agree on starting line, and the finish line. This can be confirmed using in-game hand signals or verbal agreement through voice chat.
- Matches are still best 2 out of 3.
- At the conclusion of the entire match (after you've raced best 2 of 3), we need either a hand-signal or verbal confirmation that you both agree who the winner of the match is.
- When you've completed all of that, upload the video clip of your races (this should include all races of the match, be it 2 or 3) to YouTube and submit the link to the video to the correct forum.
- In your forum post, you need to include both racer's gamertag/psn ID and SRL website usernames.
Here is an Example:
Forum: [Playstation 3 Race Submission]
Title: TheMaddestCow vs. Mudroot
PSN: TheMaddestCow - SRL: Admin
PSN: Mudroot - SRL: Moderator
Score: 2-1 TheMaddestCow Wins
If there are any problems with your forum post, we will reply with what you need to do.
You may use any resources available to connect with other SRL racers including our own forums.
Good Luck and Happy Racing!
-The SRL Team
There is no need to worry if you're not a PS4 guardian. We will have the rest of the consoles ready to go in no time! However, if you are a PS4 racer, we're ready for you! We have everything set up to start competing in the Sparrow Racing League!
There are a few things that we need you to do to get ready:
1) Add SRL_Referee as a friend on PSN. This will make us able to invite you to fireteams when you're ready to race.
2) Make sure you are signed up for the PS4 tournament that you want to compete in. If you don't see your name on the leaderboards, you haven't signed up to it yet.
3) Have a character that has ALL areas unlocked (or atleast all the patrols for each planet).
The way you can sign up to race is to simply message SRL_Referee and he will match you up and referee your race. He will also submit the results of the race to the website to update the leaderboards. Give us about 24hrs to give accurate standings.
SRL_Referee may also message you in game if he has no wait time to race. You can either accept or decline.
Tl;dr - Make sure you're signed up for the correct league and make sure you're friends on PSN with SRL_Referee. That's how we'll be able to make this run smoothly.
Have fun and Good Luck!
The SRL Team